1. Tuan TL, Nichter LS. The molecular basis of keloid and hypertrophic scar formation. Mol Med Today. 1998;4:19–24. [PubMed]
2. Dyakov R, Hadjiiski O. Complex treatment and prophylaxis of post-burn cicatrization in childhood. Ann Burns Fire Disasters. 2000;13:238–42.
3. Ahn ST. Topical silicone gel: A new treatment for hypertrophic scars. Surgery. 1989;106:781–7. [PubMed]
4. Ahn ST. Topical silicone gel for the prevention and treatment of hypertrophic scar. Arch Surg. 1991;126:499–504. [PubMed]
5. Beranek JT. Why does topical silicone gel improve hypertrophic scars? A hypothesis. Surgery. 1990;108:12–18. [PubMed]
6. Quinn KJ. Silicone gel in the scar treatment. Burns. 1987;13:833–5.
7. Sawada Y, Sone K. Treatment of scars and keloids with a cream containing silicone oil. Br J Plast Surg. 1990;43:683–6. [PubMed]
8. Poston J. The use of the silicone gel sheeting in the management of hypertrophic and keloids scars. J Wound Care. 2000;9:10–2. [PubMed]
9. Suetake T, Sasai S, Zhen YX, Tagami H. Effects of silicone gel sheet on the stratum corneum hydration. Br J Plast Surg. 2000;13:157–9.
10. Baum TM, Busuito MJ. Use of glycerine-based gel sheeting in scar management. Adv Wound Care. 1998;11:40–3. [PubMed]
11. Niessen FB. The use of silicone occlusive sheeting (Sil-K) and silicone occlusive gel (Epiderm) in the prevention of hypertrophic scar formation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998;102:1962–72. [PubMed]
12. Mustoe TA, Cooter RD, Gold MH, Hobbs FD, Ramelet AA, Shakespeare PG, et al. International clinical recommendations on scar management. Plast Reconstruc Surg. 2002;110:560–3. [PubMed]
13. Berman B, Flores F. Comparison of a silicone gel filled cushion and silicone gel sheeting for the treatment of hypertrophic or keloid scars. Dermatol Surg. 1999;25:484–90.[PubMed]
14. Carney SA, Cason CG, Gowar JP. Cica care gel sheeting in the management of hypertrophic scarring. Burns. 1994;20:163–7.[PubMed]
15. Perkins K, Davey RB, Wallis KS. Silicone gel: A new treatment for burn scars contractures. Burns Incl Therm Inj. 1983;9:201–6. [PubMed]
16. Mercer NS. Silicone gel in the treatment of keloid scars. Br J Plast Surg. 1989;42:83–8.[PubMed]
17. Dockery GL. Treatment of hypertrophic and keloid scars with silastic gel sheeting. J Foot Ankle Surg. 1994;33:110–9. [PubMed]
18. Cruz-Korchin NI. Effectiveness of silicone sheets in the prevention of hypertrophic breast scars. Ann Plast Surg. 1996;37:345–8.[PubMed]
19. Gibbons M, Zuker R, Brown M, Candlish S, Snider L, Zimmer P. Experience with silastic gel sheeting in pediatric scarring. J Burn Care Rehabil. 1994;15:69–73. [PubMed]
20. Borgognoni L, Martini L, Chiarugi C, Gelli R, Reali UM. Hypertrophic scars and keloids: Immunophenotypic features and silicone sheets to prevent recurrences. Ann Burns Fire Disasters. 2000;8:164–6.
21. Nikkonen MM, Pitkanen JM, Al Qattan MM. Problems associated with the use of silicone gel sheeting for hypertrophic scars in the hot climate of Saudi Arabia. Burns. 2001;27:498–500. [PubMed]
22. Talwar A and Puri J. The Efficacy of Silicone Gel for the Treatment of Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2009 Jul-Dec; 2(2): 104–106.